Apr 20, 2013

Sickly Creative

Over the past week I've been fighting off a cold that has crippled me and left me in bed, and of course, this is the week that the sun has finally decided to venture out and re-inhabit the great state of Maine. Don't worry though, I'm much better now, although I will still be accepting 'Get Well Soon' balloons and care packages through out the month. 

There's absolutely nothing I hate more than being trapped indoors, because I go absolutely mad. After about six straight hours roaming around YouTube in bed, I stumbled upon a tutorial on how to turn an old t-shirt into a tank top. That one video sparked two days of me rummaging through my home to find every old t-shirt Mike and I own, so that I could turn it into something useable again. 

Cropped tanks and braided racerback tops have been big for awhile, especially around festival season, and since Maine is becoming home to more and more festivals during the summer, I figured this would be a perfect way to make some items that I could work into my wardrobe without going out and buying new pieces. 

Here's a few of the tees I chopped up. 



Some of these are just old junk tees that I slept in or used to work out, others are a little more sentimental. As you can see, my very first Red Sox shirt is now a muscle tank crop top, and I can't wait to wear it to a game this summer! Also, one of my Dad's old tour t-shirts was made into a loose fitting crop top, and I'm so glad it came out the way it did. It's a shirt I hadn't worn in years because it had faded and looked funny on, but now that it's restructured, it looks like something you could pick up at American Apparel for thirty bucks. 

This is definitely something I'll keep doing, I could barely stop myself from disassembling every shirt I owned. I think a trip to GoodWill or a local thrift store is in order. 

Bring on summer!

Sincerely, Aspen

No comments:

Post a Comment